The UVM Framework is an open-source package that provides a reusable UVM methodology and code generator that provides rapid testbench generation. Documentation on the UVM Framework and its generators can be found in the docs directory of the UVM Framework installation. The video course, “UVM Framework - One Bite at a Time”, describes the architecture, flow, generation, and use of UVM Framework testbenches. The UVM Framework is also available in the Questa Simulation installation in the questasim/examples/UVM_Framework directory. When installing the UVM Framework (UVMF), create an environment variable named UVMF_HOME that points to the UVM Framework installation.
UVM Framework Package Releases:
UVM Framework Sessions:
- Code Generation Merging
- In this session you will learn about UVMF code generation capabilities that allow you to quickly produce new iterations of generated code that automatically transfer previous manual edits from earlier versions.
- Code Generation Guidelines
- In this session, you will be given an overview of the flow used to generate a working simulation using the UVMF code generator. In addition, we will also cover best practices for using the code generator and how to avoid common mistakes.
- Stimulus and Analysis Data Flow
- In this session, you will be given an overview of the stimulus and analysis flow within the UVM Framework. You will also learn the movement of data from sequences to the driver BFM and back as well as from the monitor BFM to the agent analysis port.
View these sessions and entire UVM Framework course.