For loop in system verilog

I am using a for loop to assign a bit blasted signal to its vector as follows:
for (int i=0;i<=255;i++)
primary_sig[i] = test_bench.dut.u_top.u_chip_core_top.u_security_control_wrapper.u_security_control.\primary_sig[i] ;

But I am getting error. Can anyone pls help me why this loop is not working and what to do

In reply to ibrahim_hussain:

will generate block be useful here?

Can you post some more information about the error your are getting? Where are you trying to do this statement? In a module? SV class? The more information you can post, the better answers you will receive.

In reply to cgales:

Hi Ibrahim,

As cgales mentioned, post the errors your getting. Have a doubt on ur post.
primary_sig[i] = test_bench.dut.u_top.u_chip_core_top.u_security_control_wrapper.u_security_control.****primary_sig[i] ;
Does it is typo or \ is necessary in that point?

When a signal array gets blasted into individual signal bits, like \primary_sig[0], \primary_sig[1], \primary_sig[3], etc, you cannot use a variable to index into that signal because it is no longer an array. Because of the , all the characters that follow become part of the signal name and the [0] at the end of the name has lost its meaning and is just part of the identifier name.

You will have to manually access each bit, or use a script to generate the code

primary_sig[0] = test_bench.dut.u_top.u_chip_core_top.u_security_control_wrapper.u_security_control.\primary_sig[0] ;
primary_sig[1] = test_bench.dut.u_top.u_chip_core_top.u_security_control_wrapper.u_security_control.\primary_sig[1] ;

In reply to dave_59:

Thanks Dave. I got your point. Actually these are the bit blasted signals of the netlist which I am trying to assign to a vector. So rather than making assignment bit by bit and to reduce the code size I wanted to use some loop but I understand is no way to run any kind of loop to perform this task.

Dave it will be very useful if you help me in any way of scripting or automation which I can use in my SV class to solve this issue. Thanks in advance

Use a PERL script.