Writing coverpoints using with clause

Hello ,
Iam getting this warning while creating the coverpoints for a signal using with clause.Iam also attaching the covergroup snippet for better understanding

Warning: (vsim-8858) After processing coverbin with/set expression, the values list associated with array bin ‘rs1_addr_bin’ in Coverpoint ‘rs1addr’ of Covergroup instance '/main/top/cg ’ has converged to empty list. The bin will be taken out of coverage calculation.

covergroup decoder_cg @(posedge CLK);
option.per_instance=1;
   rs1addr: coverpoint intf.decoder_func_32[65:61] {
                   bins rs1_addr_bin[32] = { [0:31] } with (intf.decoder_func_32[50] == 1'b0);
   } 

rs2addr: coverpoint intf.decoder_func_32[60:56] {
                   bins rs2_addr_bin[32] = { [0:31] } with (intf.decoder_func_32[49:48] == 2'b0);
   } 
rdaddr:  coverpoint intf.decoder_func_32[55:51] {
			bins raddr_bin[32] ={[0:31]};
}
endgroup

where intf is the interface handle.

In reply to vinayks:

You need to show the declarations of all variables involved. Also realize that bin construction happens with covergroup construction. So we need to know the values at that time.

In reply to dave_59:

Thanks for the reply dave

module tb_top(CLK,RST_N) ;
interface my_intf intf(CLK,RST_N);
always @(posedge CLK)
intf.decoder_func_32= mktbsoc.soc.ccore.riscv.stage2.instance_decoder_func_32_2.decoder_func_32;

covergroup decoder_cg @(posedge CLK);
option.per_instance=1;
   rs1addr: coverpoint intf.decoder_func_32[65:61] {
                   bins rs1_addr_bin[32] = { [0:31] }with (intf.decoder_func_32[50] == 1'b0);
   } 

rs2addr: coverpoint intf.decoder_func_32[60:56] {
                   bins rs2_addr_bin[32] = { [0:31] } with (intf.decoder_func_32[49:48] == 2'b0);
   } 
rdaddr:  coverpoint intf.decoder_func_32[55:51] {
			bins raddr_bin[32] ={[0:31]};
}
endgroup
decoder_cg  cg=new();
initial
 begin
cg.sample();
end
endmodule

where decoder_func_32 is 66 bit wide.and iam capturing the values at every posedge and also sampling the coverage in the initial block written in the interface

interface my_intf(input bit CLK,RST_N);
logic [65:0]decoder_func_32;
endinterface

In reply to vinayks:

decoder_func_32 is 'x when constructing the covergroup. Did you mean to use iff instead of with?

In reply to dave_59:

okay dave during reset I will make that signal zero.
and is it allowed to use iff keyword instead of with clause ? if the iff condition turns out to be false ,then bins will be created? are they taken into consideration for coverage report?

In reply to vinayks:

If you make the signal 0, then the with expression is alway true and behaves the same as if it was not there. You cannot dynamically change the existance of a bin once the covergroup has been constructed. The iff expression dynamically enables sampling of the bin; it is always considered for coverage.

If you could explain what coverage you are trying to model, it would make it possible to suggest the best way to code it.

In reply to dave_59:

I would like to check the functionality or the values of that signal(and increment the bin counts) ,when 50th bit of that signal is zero

In reply to vinayks:

That is still not very clear, but it sounds like iff is what you want to use.

In reply to dave_59:

Thank you Dave,the problem is solved after replacing with by iff.
But still iam not clear when to use with clause.

In reply to vinayks:

See Get Ready for SystemVerilog 2012 - Verification Horizons

In reply to dave_59:

Okay I’ll go through this link, thanks once again Dave