What is a pipelined driver in AXI3?

I know that AHB has a pipelined driver because it has two pipelined stages, address and data phase but I came across a question to write pipelined AXI3 driver in UVM somewhere, does it mean outstanding transactions ? and pipelined stages = no. of outstanding transactions allowed ? Please let me know if my understanding is correct ?

In reply to GC:

A pipelined driver deals with one or more transactions at a time. While we are driving the address of the nth transaction, we could be driving the data for the n-1th transaction. However there is only one transaction in the system at any given time. The nth transaction will be delayed till the previous transaction is completed.

On the other hand the number of oustanding transactions refers to the number of transactions that are outstanding in the system. For example, I may issue Read(addr=1000), Read(addr=2000) Read (addr = 3000) one after the other and wait for all the 3 responses to come in at some time. This is an example of a situation where I have 3 outstanding transactions.