Running Regression tests

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to run different test cases in regression mode in a single simulation. My test bench consists of Xilinx MIG which needs to be calibrated (takes time) before simulation. Right know this initialization needs to be repeated for each and every test case(while running regression) which is time consuming.
I would like to know if test case 2 can start after test 1 ends (from that instant) rather than beginning from time 0 so that the calibration needs to be done only once at the start of regression test ?

Regards,
Lijo

In reply to lijoostenk:

In principle yes, however in UVM framework this needs a slight mindset change. 2 choices:

1. Use phase jumping to go back to “reset/configure/main” phase
  2. Model the tests as sequences and layer them in a single test

HTH
Srini
www.verifworks.com

Hi Srini,
Thanks for your reply. I have implemented the second option and it is working exactly as I wanted it to.
I will be trying out with the first option also.

Regards,
Lijo

In reply to Srini @ CVCblr.com:

Hi,
I would like to add on to my earlier query regarding regression testing.

Right now, once a top level test starts(in my case, Regression suite) from 0 simulation time, the entire test sequences gets executed and then the test ends. I would like to know if it is possible to run different top level tests with its own sequences in the same simulation ?
That is, test 1(with seq 1) starts from 0 sim time, then after it ends, test 2(with seq 2) starts and ends and so on…
(In the earlier two solutions, only one top level test starts for the entire set of sequences, and the test ends after all the sequences are executed).

Regards,
Lijo