RAL Backdoor access, set hdl paths

Hi all,
In RAL, I am automating the process of creating register classes, adding maps etc. using a python script. When it is front-door access, I have all the information that I need for the classes to be created. For example I know what the base addresses, access types are etc. By using the information in the files, I can set all required fields in the created classes automatically using a script.
But, when it is backdoor access, I don’t have hdl_path information and the number of registers that I use in the design makes the process of manually finding the paths harder. When there are too many registers, or when you don’t want to find the hdl paths manually, what is your way of doing it? I consider compiling and running the simulation which enables dumping all register hdl paths to a file and then get the hdl paths and add accordingly. Is this a proper way of doing it? What is your recommendation when it is backdoor access?

A good RTL design process documents all the registers with their names/addresses/paths so you can use this information for both design and verification.

A better RTL design process uses an input file to generate both RTL and Verification register files.