Is there a UVM Connect version that is compatible with UVM 1800.2-2020?

I was very interested in using UVM Connect (https://verificationacademy.com/verification-methodology-reference/uvmc-2.3.2/docs/html/index.html), but found that the current release (2.3.2) is only compatible with UVM 1.2. Is there plans to make a version that is compatible with IEEE 1800.2 UVM? I had tried to update the code myself, but am concerned about how the deprecation of some of the ‘customizations’ in uvm_packer class will impact how the uvmc_converter class will work.

A side question: The main page for UVM Connect (https://verificationacademy.com/courses/uvm-connect) says that this is open source, but I couldn’t find the source code in any open source repositories like Github. Will there be an open source hosting of the code as well?

In reply to codedmc01:

The Accellera UVM committee is working on a IEEE UVM 1800.2 release that is more backward compatible with UVM 1.2. We recommend staying with UVM 1.2 until the next UVM release is ready.

Open Source is a license model independent of how that source code gets distributed. Code hosted on github is not open source unless the author provides an open source license.

In reply to dave_59:

In reply to codedmc01:
The Accellera UVM committee is working on a IEEE UVM 1800.2 release that is more backward compatible with UVM 1.2. We recommend staying with UVM 1.2 until the next UVM release is ready.

Is there an estimated timeline for the next IEEE UVM 1800.2 release? I know there is a lot of focus on p1800-2023, so not sure if there is parallel development for 1800.2 as well and when the next release is slated for. Hoping to get back into the Accelera WG soon so I can get visibility into this again.

One of the “hard” incompatibilities I encountered is that uvmc_xl_converter was relying on uvm_packer.physical and overloading it. Will this member be added back?

In reply to codedmc01:

IEEE 1800 and 1800.2 are run by separate committees with distinct release schedules. And UVM is split into an IEEE Reference Manual committee and and Accellera reference library committee, although made up the same same people under different governance rules.

At this point I doubt there will be a release until next year.

In reply to dave_59:

Have you considered fully embracing the open-source model, and setting up a repository on GitHub? Internally, we have patched UVM Connect 2.3.2 to work with IEEE 1800.2, and we would be glad to publish a pull request for these changes.