How to design a robust scoreboard?

Hi,

I was confused about scoreboard designing. As I researched there is no certain standarts about scoreboard.

1-) We generally verify DUTs in scoreboard to compare a golden model. But if we don’t have a golden model how we can totaly verify a design in scoreboard?

2-) How do you comapare your design with any design without clock accurancy?

3-) Can I dump my DUT outputs to a text file in scoreboard without any comparing to compare another design outputs?

4-) Are there any other options to design scoreboard to verify DUTs?

In reply to omer_kafkaos:

What you are describing is not all assigned to scoreboards.
I try to answer your questions:
(1) you need in any case a reference model for comparing output values in verification. The most simple but most risky one is using your brain as the ref model by interpreting the design spec. You should check if you have other kindes of ref models like C/C++ code or even a TL model.
(2) the clock accuracy is not checked by your scoreboard. But you can use other mechanisms like SV assertion. This is a really good application for them.
(3) Of course you can use textfiles with your ref data as your reference model. But this is not a smart and flexible solution.
(4) UVM allows you to connect other tools like Matlab to it and use them as ref model.

Hope this gives you some more insight.

In reply to chr_sue:

In reply to omer_kafkaos:
What you are describing is not all assigned to scoreboards.
I try to answer your questions:
(1) you need in any case a reference model for comparing output values in verification. The most simple but most risky one is using your brain as the ref model by interpreting the design spec. You should check if you have other kindes of ref models like C/C++ code or even a TL model.
(2) the clock accuracy is not checked by your scoreboard. But you can use other mechanisms like SV assertion. This is a really good application for them.
(3) Of course you can use textfiles with your ref data as your reference model. But this is not a smart and flexible solution.
(4) UVM allows you to connect other tools like Matlab to it and use them as ref model.
Hope this gives you some more insight.

Thank you for clear answers…