UVM Accelerated TB (Co-Emulation)

Guys,

I’m architecting an UVM accelerated TB for our SoC?

Points to be considered:

1. Split Top into 2 tops (Synthesizable top and Class Top) and both interacts via transactions.
  2. No Timings (@, clocks, delays, wait) and pin level signals at Class hierarchy.
  3. Driver, Monitors or any component interacts to interface modules through task/function calls. (No direct contact)

Have you done previously?

Kindly share your experience, which may helps.

John

Hi John, we have some advice and example code in the Verification Academy Cookbook Emulation chapter, that should get you started with the testbench architecture side of things.

In reply to gordon:

Thanks Gordon.

John

Hi,

We have some VIPs which are non-accelerated. Can we use them in Co-emulation TB?

We are planning to convert them in future.

John

Hi John,
We don’t have an exact answer - we recommend you work with your emulation AE and the guidelines they provide for preparing your code for co-emulation - some acceleration requirements are ‘rules’ i.e. you would need to make those changes in order to use co-emulation at all, and others are ‘guidelines’ i.e. they would be highly desirable to you, from a performance point of view. Non-accelerated VIPs can become the bottleneck that prevents you getting the most out of your co-emulation solution. Good luck,