SVA: Clock Alignment

Hi,
From our system clock, we generate a number of divided clocks with non 50/50 duty cycle

clk_root ||||||||||||_
clk_div2 ||||___||
clk_div4 ___||

I need an assertion to ensure that clk_div4 is aligned with clk_div2. Something like: @(posedge clk_div4) |-> @(posedge clk_div2)

I currently have:

// Do we beed to handle clk_div2 being SA1?
  // No - this should be checked elsewhere
  always_comb
    if (clk_div4)
      AS_clk_div4_in_phase_clk_div2: assert #0 (clk_div2) ;

It seems to work, but I was hoping for something a little “nicer”. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Steven

In reply to moogyd:

Looks like a good solution. The always_comb if (clk_div4) triggers on a change in clk_div4 going to a 1’b1, and the deferred assertion reporting is done in the Reactive Region with the #0, or in the Postponed Region with the final. In your case, either version of the deferred assertion looks OK, unless you have tricky combinational logic for the generation of clk_div2, which I doubt.

1800’2012: The processing of the action block differs between
observed and final deferred assertions as follows:
— For an observed deferred assertion, the subroutine shall be scheduled in the Reactive region. Actual argument expressions that are passed by reference use or assign the current values of the underlying variables in the Reactive region.
— For a final deferred assertion, the subroutine shall be scheduled in the Postponed region. Actual argument expressions that are passed by reference use the current values of the underlying variables in the Postponed region.

Ben Cohen
http://www.systemverilog.us/ ben@systemverilog.us

In reply to ben@SystemVerilog.us:

Thanks Ben!
Steven