How seq_item_port/export (Driver/Sequencer) are different from analysis ports?

How seq_item_port/export (Driver/Sequencer) are different from analysis ports ?
an We connect Driver /Sequencer with analysis ports and Scoreboard Monitor with sseq_item_port/expot?

The seq_item_port is a specific type of port which allows bi-directional communication between the sequencer and driver. There are several additional methods provided by it which enable sequences to function.

You should never have a need to connect a scoreboard monitor with a sequencer. A sequence is used only for stimulus generation, whereas the monitor is use for determining correctness. If you need information concerning transaction completion, use the bi-directional capability of the seq_item_port.

In reply to cgales:

Thanks cgales

Thats very true but Is it possible to connect sequencer and driver with analysis ports and scoreboard and monitor with seq_item_port/export ?

In reply to mamta_r:

No. The seq_item_port is used exclusively for the sequencer/driver. The methods contained within the seq_item_port are usable only by sequences and not meant for any other use.

What are your trying to accomplish? You have asked the same question several times but haven’t described what you are trying to do.

In reply to cgales:

Thanks cgales .

So you mean to say seq_item_port/export are dedicated to Sequencer/Driver communication and analysis_port/imp for scoreboard/Monitor connection.
This was asked by me in some interview . I was not sure about it so wanted to clarify it .

Still I am not getting clear based on the conversion about that "Can we use the analysis ports in sequencer driver? why ?

Thanks.

Finally you can do what you want to do when writing code correctly.
The sequencer/driver connection requires a one-to-one connection which is provided by seq_item_port/export.
The analysis port provides a connection with one-to-many. The transaction does not disappear when 1 component has read the transaction. This is typical behavior which is required on the analysis side. It would creat confusion on the sequencer/driver connection.

1 Like