OVM to UVM Migration and integration across projects

If I am currently using OVM on project X and I am migrating to UVM on project Y - which is say a next generation design based on X).

Is there any best known practices that can be used to continuously integrate further changes from project X (in OVM) to project Y (in UVM)?

Or the only way is to deal with manually?

In reply to rmozhiku:

See OVM2UVM | Verification Academy

In reply to dave_59:

Hi Dave - I have read this section and understand that it lists all process of migration.

My question was more after migration from OVM to UVM for a new project, but the old project continues to be on OVM.

I guess any further changes in old project would need to be manually integrated to the new project

In reply to rmozhiku:

The best thing you can do is to migrate you OVM code fully to OVM 2.1.2 (i.e. use objections to control your test) and remove any deprecated features listed in the section I referred you to. That also might mean migrating any register package you might have used to the back-ported UVM register package.

If you do most of that preparation work on the OVM project, then you should be able to run the script to do most of the OVM to UVM conversion automatically.