How to access configurations in side the interface for Assertions

Hi,
I have assertions that are written in side the interface and there are some configurations in the base test i want to use in the assertions so how i access these configurations inside the interface?

Thanks.

Could you give us some more information about the data you are using in the interface? Is it parameter or what is it?

Hello,
No there is no parameters i want to access some configuration registers from the base test and use it in assertions

Thanks.

I can think of 2 choices:

1. Use a config class and set/get using uvm_config_db::set(null…) (Use global namespace or create a dummy scope)
  2. Use virtual interface to set inside test, access it from within your SVA module

HTH
Srini

Hello,

I tried getting this using config_db but getting compilation error in the interface that the instance of the register config is unknown type.

as you can see in the screenshot i am importing the spi_uvc_pkg in top module.

in the base test i am setting the register configuration
/** Set the register configuration*/
uvm_config_db#(spi_uvc_reg_cfg)::set(null,“*”,“spi_reg_cfg_h”,spi_reg_cfg_h);

and in the assertions which is an interface which i am binding to top module in that i am getting the reg config like this

/** SPI reg config instance*/
spi_uvc_reg_cfg spi_reg_cfg_h;

/** Retriving the reg configuration classs */
if(!uvm_config_db#(spi_uvc_reg_cfg)::get(null,"","spi_reg_cfg_h",spi_reg_cfg_h))
  `uvm_fatal(get_full_name(),"not able to get reg config");

I don’t see any import, try importing that PKG inside interface. Maybe you are mixing include and import?