DISPLAY MACRO in cover group/cover point

Hi,

For my current project i want that when ever cover group get sampled,necessary message need to display for post processing script (this script is specific to our company). Now one way is i can have display message wherever sample method called in test bench but in that case it may happen that i need to modify so many files so if any how if can display message from cover group/cover point structure then i need to modify only one file.

Thank you in Advance.

This seems like a very unusual request. The main goal of the functional coverage features in SystemVerilog is to compress a lot of information into a compact form. Printing on every sample call defeats that purpose.

If you are using the UVM and have created coverage components fed from analysis ports, you can create additional components that connect in parallel with the coverage collectors that do this printing for you.

Otherwise the only other thing I can suggest is creating an additional coverpoint in each covergroup that calls a function to print your message.

If you need more explanation, you will need to provide a lot more information on why you need to do this and what needs to be contained in the message.