An encyclopedia of Verification Methodology!
Announced at DAC 2011, the UVM/OVM Online Methodology Cookbook is exclusively available at the Verification Academy.
The UVM/OVM Online Methodology Cookbook, provided by the Verification Methodology Team at Mentor Graphics and containing all their methodology documentation for UVM, OVM, and other methodologies in a single resource.
The VM Team brainstormed objectives in creating the UVM/OVM Cookbook and were as follows:
Create the collateral demanded by our customers.
Information on how to do things using our methodologies
- Why you do things in a particular way
- Real code examples to illustrate those concepts, that can be pasted / used
- Coherent set of advice on an area of methodology
- Guide to best practices for usage, coding, debugging
Grow the set of available collateral over time.
- A dynamic resource that can be visited any time
- A flexible toolkit for Mentor's VM experts to use to organize collateral
- Mobilize the content in different ways for different needs
- Can point support people or end users to information by URL
- Avoid restating arguments for/against a particular approach
- Allow content to be printed off as PDF for offline use
- Access to hundreds of articles written by Mentor VM experts
- Methodology topics covering all areas of the OVM and UVM
- Recommended and alternate approaches with pros and cons explained
- Real code examples available on the page and for download
- Hyperlinks between cookbook topics and OVM/UVM reference guides
- Full migration guides from xVM to UVM, covering many situations
- Ability to print extracts or the full cookbook as PDF
- Comprehensive full-text search capability
See for yourself, login and start viewing articles.
The site contains UVM pages in the main namespace, each named e.g. TopicName, and a subset of OVM-specific pages which are all named Ovm/TopicName. A banner at the top of the page informs you which version of the page you are looking at, to avoid confusion between similar OVM and UVM pages.