We have this requirement.
1. If packets are sent to same port then back pressure is generated. This causes RTL to create pause frame. Upon receiving this frame TB should stop sending anymore packets until the specified timer stops.
This is what I am planning to do :
- the scoreboard will detect the pause frame , put it in queue.
- The reception on this frame will set a flag "stop_transmission" in "config file" (Q : is config file right place to set the flag ?)
Q: Now, I am kind of debating if driver or sequence should look at this flag. (I am leaning towards sequence to look at the flag), if sequence see the flag it should stop sending traffic till the counter is over.
So 2 questions :
1. Is config file the right place to set/observe flags from driver/sequence/monitor ?
2. Should I implement the traffic control mechanism (based on the flag) in driver or sequence ?
Thanks a bunch in advance !