Whats is the maximum number of possible bins in a cross? in NCverilog it is limited to 2^20

I am using NC verilog and it limits the maximum number of possible bins in a cross to 2^20.
I tried giving option.cross_auto_bin_max =225 . But then it gives an elaboration error saying ‘option.cross_auto_bin_max must be ZERO’
But in system verliog 3.1a LRM , it is mentioned that cross_auto_bin_max should be unbounded.
is this a tool limitation ?
I am running into this problem as my cross have more than 2
20 bins and the tool is not dumping the coverage for that cross.It just shows which bins are hit .
Thanks,
Maya

In reply to Maya Sasidharan:

1. The SystemVerilog LRM you are referencing is out of date. You should download the latest version from IEEE.

2. This forum is not for tool issues. You will need to contact your vendor directly.

In reply to cgales:
I went though the latest LRM and saw that cross_auto_bin_max option is no longer supported.
But i was not able to figure out the upper limit for the number of bins in a cross.(undounded or bounded)
Is there an upper limit for the number of bins that a cross/coverpoint can have?
Has anyone encountered a similar issue and is there a workaround?
PS:I didn’t mean to post a tool issue here but wanted to confirm whether there is an upper limit as per LRM

In reply to Maya Sasidharan:
The LRM usually specifies a minimum acceptable upper limit, not a maximum.

If you are trying to create a coverpoint with over 2**20 separate bins, I suspect you are taking the wrong approach to coverage. You’ll have to explain what you are trying to do further if you want another way.

In reply to dave_59:

Hi Dave,
I feel 2^20 is a very reasonable limit for the no of bins in a cross.
But in our case, we are creating a cross for every possible scenario and running a random simulation for a particular run time. At the end we need to know how much of the possible scenarios were covered.(it need not be 100%).
But with INCISIVE 13.10.017 , if the number cross 2^20, it just reports
‘If the individual bins of a vector bin/cross exceed the predefined limit of 1 million, the uncovered bins of the vector bin are not reported.’
(and hence wont display a coverage %.)
Just learnt that with INCISIVE 13.2 on wards there is an option to increase this using an environment variable MDV_BIN_NUM_IN_BIG_ITEM.
Thanks,
Maya